Your skin is the largest organ in your body covering approximately 20 square feet. Like other organs, it needs proper care and protection to maintain its elasticity and functionality.
- Protects you from microbes and the elements
- Helps regulate your body temperature
- Permits the sensations of touch, heat, and cold
Your Skin Has Three Layers:
- The epidermis – the outermost layer of your skin provides a protective, waterproof barrier and creates your skin tone.
- The dermis – beneath the epidermis lies the dermis. It contains tough connective tissue, hair follicles, and sweat glands.
- The hypodermis – made of fat and connective tissue.
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, Dudley Giles is an expert in skin and offers many procedures specifically targeting your skin including: